Residential Programme at Maynooth University
- Location: Maynooth University
- Age: 11 – 17
- Dates: 24 June – 9 August 2019
- Arrival/Departure Days: Sunday-Sunday
- Accommodation Type: Campus Residence – Single Room En-Suite
AWARD WINNING PROGRAMME:
Apollo is the only Irish language school to ever have won the Star Junior Programme for under 18s global industry Award at the Study Travel Star Awards taking place each year in London! Five schools worldwide were shortlisted in 2018, one from Canada and three from UK, and it was really an honour to win this prestigious award for our Apollo Junior programmes in Ireland.
Dublin, Ireland’s capital city is best known for its friendly & talkative people, strong historical culture & compact and safe city centre. Maynooth, located 30 minutes from Dublin city centre and 45 minutes from Dublin Airport is a beautiful 18th century Irish town with a population of 8,500.
Maynooth benefits from being a lively and picturesque rural university town while at the same time being described as a suburb of Dublin. There are a wide range of activities available to visitors of Maynooth from equestiran activities, gliding, swimming and there are many cafes and restaurants in the town.
Maynooth University Campus, just 5 minutes’ walk from the town centre, consists of two connected campuses, an older south campus with 19th century buildings and a modern north campus occupying 100 acres, giving the university an impressive mix of old and new. Facilities include an excellent sports complex with tennis courts, dance studios and extensive outdoor football/hockey pitches.
Accommodation for Apollo students is located on the modern north campus in single bedrooms with a private en-suite bathroom for each student. The residential accommodation chosen by Apollo is the newest block of apartments at Maynooth University, completed in late 2016.
It’s all included!
- 15 hours’ tuition per week (1 hour = 60 minutes) following a zig zag timetable of both morning and afternoon mixed nationality classes (max. 15 per class).
- Apollo Focus: 5 hours’ optional extra tuition per week (instead of 2 activities) completely free of charge in addition to 15 hour programme.
- Residential Accommodation: on-campus single room with private bathroom in shared apartments.
- All meals in the university restaurant.
- Use of excellent sports complex with tennis courts, dance studios and extensive outdoor football/hockey pitches.
- A wide variety of activities every afternoon & evening.
- Full day excursion on Saturdays.
- 2 half-day/city trips per week + additional city trip on Sundays, always with private transport.
- Parent Updates: daily updates, photos and videos provided securely online for parents.
- Free WIFI throughout University & accommodation.
- Travel & Medical Insurance included for all Apollo Juniors.
LAL Language Centres Partnership:
Apollo is proud to be associated with the global chain of quality language schools, LAL Language Centres, and to be their partner school in Ireland. LAL’s mission ‘to provide the perfect environment for our students to learn and practise languages while enjoying the characteristics and culture of each country’, fits perfectly with the core values of Apollo.
Consists of an optional 5 hours’ extra tuition per week, completely free of charge. Apollo Focus takes place twice per week during the activity time slots instead of 2 activities and the focus of the lessons is on project work and communication. Students can choose the Apollo Focus option when with us at the school.
Apollo Course Workbook:
Apollo Juniors will each receive their very own course workbook filled with interesting topics & activities to follow during their course. Students will bring their workbook home giving them a sense of accomplishment & giving parents the opportunity to see what their son/daughter has been learning while in Ireland.
|Dates & Prices 2019|
|Programme Dates:||24 June – 9 August 2019 (7 weeks)|
|Package Price:||€900 per week|
|Airport Transfers:||€70 each way to/from Dublin Airport|
|Minimum Duration:||1 week|