Residential Programme at Maynooth University
- Age: Apollo Juniors aged 9-13 & Apollo Teens aged 14-17
- Dates: 25th June to 6th August 2017
- Accommodation Type: Campus Residence – Single Room En-Suite
Dublin, Ireland’s capital city is best known for its friendly & talkative people, strong historical culture & compact and safe city centre. Maynooth, located 30 minutes from Dublin city centre and 45 minutes from Dublin Airport is a beautiful 18th century Irish town with a population of 8,500.
Maynooth benefits from being a lively and picturesque rural university town while at the same time being described as a suburb of Dublin. There are a wide range of activities available to visitors of Maynooth from equestiran activities, gliding, swimming and there are many cafes and restaurants in the town.
Maynooth University Campus, just 5 minutes’ walk from the town centre, consists of two connected campuses, an older south campus with 19th century buildings and a modern north campus occupying 100 acres, giving the university an impressive mix of old and new. Facilities include an excellent sports complex with tennis courts, dance studios and extensive outdoor football/hockey pitches.
Accommodation for Apollo students is located on the modern north campus in single bedrooms with a private en-suite bathroom for each student. The residential accommodation chosen by Apollo is the newest block of apartments at Maynooth University, completed in late 2016.
It’s all included!
- Apollo students are split into 2 age categories for classes, accommodation & activities as follows: Apollo Juniors aged 9-13 & Apollo Teens aged 14-17
- 15 hours’ tuition per week (1 hour = 60 minutes) following a zig zag timetable of both morning and afternoon mixed nationality classes (max. 15 per class)
- Apollo Focus: 5 hours’ optional extra tuition per week completely free of charge
- Residential Accommodation: on-campus single room with en-suite bathroom in shared apartments
- All meals in the university restaurant
- Excellent sports complex with tennis courts, dance studios and extensive outdoor football/hockey pitches
- A wide variety of activities every afternoon & evening
- 1 full day excursion & 2 Dublin city trips per week
- Seminars on using social media safely – delivered by experts
- Travel & Medical Insurance included for all Apollo Young Learners
LAL Language Centres Partnership:
Apollo is proud to be associated with the global chain of quality language schools, LAL Language Centres, and to be their partner school in Ireland. LAL’s mission ‘to provide the perfect environment for our students to learn and practise languages while enjoying the characteristics and culture of each country’, fits perfectly with the core values of Apollo.
Consists of an optional 5 hours’ extra tuition per week, completely free of charge. Apollo Focus will take place twice per week during the activity timeslots. The focus of the lessons will be exam practice or project work and students can choose their preferred option at time of booking.
Apollo Course Workbook:
Apollo Young Learners will each receive their very own course workbook filled with interesting topics & activities to follow during their course. Students will bring their workbook home giving them a sense of accomplishment & giving parents the opportunity to see what their son/daughter has been learning while in Ireland.
|Dates & Prices 2017|
|Programme Dates:||25 June – 6 August 2017 (6 weeks)|
|Package Price:||€900 per week|
|Airport Transfers:||€70 each way to/from Dublin Airport|
|Duration||Arrival and Departure Dates|
|One week||25 June – 02 July||16 – 23 July||23 – 30 July||30 July – 06 August|
|Two Weeks||25 June – 09 July||02 – 16 July||09 – 23 July||16 – 30 July||23 July – 06 August|
|Three Weeks||25 June – 16 July||02 – 23 July||09 – 30 July||16 July -06 August|
|Four Weeks||25 June – 23 July||02 – 30 July||09 July – 06 August|
|Five Weeks||25 June – 30 July||02 July – 06 August|
|Six Weeks||25 June – 06 August|