Host Family Programme Dublin
- Location: Sutton Park School
- Age: 11 – 17
- Dates: 22 June to 14 August 2020 (8 weeks)
- Arrival/Departure Days: Sunday-Sunday
- Accommodation Type: Host Family – Twin Room Sharing
AWARD WINNING PROGRAMME:
Apollo is the only Irish language school to ever have won the Star Junior Programme for under 18s global industry Award at the Study Travel Star Awards voted for by agents sending students abroad. We have won this award for two years in a row in 2018 and 2019 and it’s really an honour to have two Star Awards for our Apollo Junior programmes in Ireland.
Located on the beautiful Howth peninsula on Dublin Bay, Sutton Park School is situated 12km from Dublin City Centre and 15 minutes’ drive from Dublin Airport. Sutton is a friendly and safe residential area of the city beside Howth fishing village, an area famous to tourists and Irish people alike!
SUTTON PARK SCHOOL:
We were privileged to launch our Young Learner Summer Centre with host family accommodation at Sutton Park School in Summer 2018 and look forward to running our programme there for many years to come. Sutton Park School is a prestigious private high school with superb teaching and sports facilities and has welcomed international students for more than 20 years.
The school’s facilities include numerous computer labs, arts and crafts room, cookery room, tennis courts, indoor sports hall and extensive all-weather outdoor football/hockey pitches as well as its own cafeteria where students are served hot lunch every day Monday-Friday.
ACCOMMODATION AND TRANSPORT:
Accommodation is offered in experienced local host families in a twin/triple room sharing with a student of a different nationality and a similar age. Apollo offers its own private bus service for students to travel to and from the school each day as well as private transport for all half-day and full-day excursions.
It’s all included!
- 15 hours’ tuition per week (1 hour = 60 minutes) following a zig-zag timetable of both morning and afternoon mixed nationality classes(max. 15 per class).
- Apollo Focus: 5 hours’ optional extra tuition per week (instead of 2 activities) completely free of charge in addition to 15 hour programme.
- Host Family Accommodation: twin/triple rooms sharing with one nationality per family guaranteed on a full-board basis.
- Private Transport: private bus transport provided daily to and from the families which are located close to the school.
- Breakfast, packed lunch and dinner from family every day and additional lunch in the school cafeteria Monday-Friday.
- Use of school facilities including all-weather pitch, sports grounds, tennis & basketball courts, indoor gymnasium, computer labs and arts & crafts room.
- A wide variety of activities every day.
- 2 half-day/city trips per week & 2 evening activities per week.
- Full day excursion on Saturdays.
- Parent Updates: daily updates, photos and videos provided securely online for parents.
- Free WIFI throughout school.
LAL Language Centres Partnership:
Apollo is proud to be associated with the global chain of quality language schools, LAL Language Centres, and to be their partner school in Ireland. LAL’s mission ‘to provide the perfect environment for our students to learn and practise languages while enjoying the characteristics and culture of each country’, fits perfectly with the core values of Apollo.
Consists of an optional 5 hours’ extra tuition per week, completely free of charge. Apollo Focus takes place twice per week during the activity time slots instead of 2 activities and the focus of the lessons is on project work and communication. Students can choose the Apollo Focus option when with us at the school.
Apollo Course Workbook:
Apollo Juniors will each receive their very own course workbook filled with interesting topics & activities to follow during their course. Students will bring their workbook home giving them a sense of accomplishment & giving parents the opportunity to see what their son/daughter has been learning while in Ireland.
|Dates & Prices 2020|
|Programme Dates:||22 June – 14 August 2020 (8 weeks)|
|Package Price:||€750 per week|
|Airport Transfers Dublin Airport:||€70 each way|
|Minimum Duration:||1 week|