RESIDENTIAL PROGRAMME AT CAMPUS ACCOMMODATION UCC
- Location: University College Cork
- Age: 9-17 (Apollo Young Learner classes are divided by age as follows: 9-12 & 13-17)
- Dates: 2 July to 10 August 2018
- Accommodation Type: Campus Residence – Single Room En-Suite
Cork, Ireland’s second city located 2.5 hours from Dublin is cheerfully referred to by locals as ‘the real capital of Ireland’. With its compact and safe city centre, Cork is a liberal & youthful city with friendly people who simply love to talk!
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE CORK:
University College Cork, an 1845 University situated on the south coast in Ireland’s second largest city, is situated on 44 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds retaining its original school buildings as well as new modern buildings, accommodation and leisure facilities. The campus is ideally located just 15 minutes’ walk from Cork city centre and 2.5 hours’ drive from Dublin.
There is an excellent sports complex on the campus with indoor swimming pool, tennis courts, climbing wall, indoor and outdoor running tracks, dance & spin studios and extensive outdoor football/hockey pitches.
Accommodation for Apollo students is located in single bedrooms with a private en-suite bathroom for each student. The residential accommodation chosen by Apollo on the campus is in modern apartments with 4-6 students sharing a comfortable apartment.
It’s all included!
- Apollo young learners classes are divided by age when possible as follows: Apollo Juniors aged 9-12 & Apollo Teens aged 13-17
- 15 hours’ tuition per week (1 hour = 60 minutes) following a zig zag timetable of both morning and afternoon mixed nationality classes (max. 15 per class)
- Apollo Focus: 5 hours’ optional extra tuition per week (instead of 2 activities) completely free of charge in addition to 15 hour programme
- Residential Accommodation: on-campus single room with en-suite bathroom in shared apartments
- All meals in the university restaurant
- Excellent sports complex with indoor swimming pool, tennis courts, climbing wall, indoor and outdoor running tracks, dance & spin studios and extensive outdoor football/hockey pitches
- A wide variety of activities every afternoon & evening
- 1 full day excursion & 2 Cork city trips per week
- Parent Updates: daily updates, photos and videos provided securely online for parents
- Free WIFI throughout school
- Travel & Medical Insurance included for all Apollo Young Learners
LAL Language Centres Partnership:
Apollo is proud to be associated with the global chain of quality language schools, LAL Language Centres, and to be their partner school in Ireland. LAL’s mission ‘to provide the perfect environment for our students to learn and practise languages while enjoying the characteristics and culture of each country’, fits perfectly with the core values of Apollo.
Consists of an optional 5 hours’ extra tuition per week, completely free of charge. Apollo Focus takes place twice per week during the activity time slots instead of 2 activities and the focus of the lessons is on project work and communication. Students can choose the Apollo Focus option when with us at the school.
Apollo Course Workbook:
Apollo Young Learners will each receive their very own course workbook filled with interesting topics & activities to follow during their course. Students will bring their workbook home giving them a sense of accomplishment & giving parents the opportunity to see what their son/daughter has been learning while in Ireland.
|Dates & Prices 2018|
|Programme Dates:||2 July – 10 August 2018 (6 weeks)|
|Package Price:||€800 per week|
|Airport Transfers Cork Airport:||€50 each way to/from Cork Airport|
|Airport Transfers Dublin Airport:||
€80 each way to/from Dublin Airport*
*Includes accompanied transfer with Apollo Representative on the Aircoach at scheduled times
|Minimum Duration:||1 week (Sunday-Sunday)|