Host Family Programme at University College Cork
- Age: Apollo Juniors aged 9-13 & Apollo Teens aged 14-17
- Dates: 25th June to 6th August 2017
- Accommodation Type: Host Family – Twin Room Sharing
Cork, Ireland’s second city located 2.5 hours from Dublin is cheerfully referred to by locals as ‘the real capital of Ireland’. With its compact and safe city centre, Cork is a liberal & youthful city with friendly people who simply love to talk!
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE CORK:
University College Cork, an 1845 University situated on the south coast in Ireland’s second largest city, is situated on 44 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds retaining its original school buildings as well as new modern buildings and leisure facilities. The campus is ideally located just 15 minutes’ walk from Cork city centre and 2.5 hours’ drive from Dublin.
There is an excellent sports complex on the campus with indoor swimming pool, tennis courts, climbing wall, indoor and outdoor running tracks, dance & spin studios and extensive outdoor football/hockey pitches.
Accommodation for Apollo students is in local host families sharing a bedroom with student of a different nationality (when possible) with one nationality per family guaranteed at all times.
The people of Cork are renowned for their friendliness and talkative nature and really enjoy welcoming students from all over the world.
It’s all included!
- Apollo students are split into 2 age categories for classes, accommodation & activities as follows: Apollo Juniors aged 9-13 & Apollo Teens aged 14-17
- 15 hours’ tuition per week (1 hour = 60 minutes) in morning only mixed nationality classes (max. 15 per class)
- Apollo Focus: 5 hours’ optional extra tuition per week completely free of charge
- Host Family: twin room sharing located close to campus within short public bus ride (transport ticket included).
- Breakfast & dinner with host family (and lunch at weekends) & hot lunch at University restaurant Monday-Friday
- Excellent sports complex with indoor swimming pool, tennis courts, climbing wall, indoor and outdoor running tracks, dance & spin studios and extensive outdoor football/hockey pitches.
- A wide variety of activities every afternoon & 2 evenings per week
- 1 full day excursion & 2 Cork city trips per week
- Seminars on using social media safely – delivered by experts
- Travel & Medical Insurance included for all Apollo Young Learners
LAL Language Centres Partnership:
Apollo is proud to be associated with the global chain of quality language schools, LAL Language Centres, and to be their partner school in Ireland. LAL’s mission ‘to provide the perfect environment for our students to learn and practise languages while enjoying the characteristics and culture of each country’, fits perfectly with the core values of Apollo.
Consists of an optional 5 hours’ extra tuition per week, completely free of charge. Apollo Focus will take place twice per week during the activity timeslots. The focus of the lessons will be exam practice or project work and students can choose their preferred option at time of booking.
Apollo Course Workbook:
Apollo Young Learners will each receive their very own course workbook filled with interesting topics & activities to follow during their course. Students will bring their workbook home giving them a sense of accomplishment & giving parents the opportunity to see what their son/daughter has been learning while in Ireland.
|Dates & Prices 2017|
|Programme Dates:||25 June – 6 August 2017 (6 weeks)|
|Package Price:||€700 per week|
|Airport Transfers Cork Airport:||€50 each way to/from Cork Airport|
|Airport Transfers Dublin Airport for students aged 16+:||€50 each way to/from Dublin Airport unaccompanied on the public Aircoach*|
|Airport Transfers Dublin Airport for students aged under 16:||€170 each way to/from Dublin Airport accompanied by Apollo Rep. on public Aircoach|
*Students aged 16+ are met by an Apollo Rep. at Dublin airport and again at the Aircoach depot in Cork but travel unaccompanied on the coach.
|Duration||Arrival and Departure Dates|
|One week||25 June – 02 July||16 – 23 July||23 – 30 July||30 July – 06 August|
|Two Weeks||25 June – 09 July||02 – 16 July||09 – 23 July||16 – 30 July||23 July – 06 August|
|Three Weeks||25 June – 16 July||02 – 23 July||09 – 30 July||16 July -06 August|
|Four Weeks||25 June – 23 July||02 – 30 July||09 July – 06 August|
|Five Weeks||25 June – 30 July||02 July – 06 August|
|Six Weeks||25 June – 06 August|